My child had to go to the courts this Friday for having been one of the ugly people who had destroyed and mutilated one of the stores at Clapham.
As I stood in the lobby awaiting the Clerk of the Court to call us in, I was amongst some of the most repulsive class of people I had ever seen or the misfortune to meet. There, with us were fat people eating burgers, and sloping the drinks down their chins. It was only 10am in the morning, but this to them was breakfast. There were, black youths with hoods, all pulled up and tied beneath their chins, so that the faces were disfigured and squashed together, giving them a look of a squashed baby face. There were white youths, with their hoods all pulled up and covering most of their faces giving them the look for spaced out, Billy Bob Redneck kids, awaiting for their next bout of cider or spray can, so that they could get back on track with their lives.
Funnily, enough, there were actually some parents. Well, I assumed they were parents for they seemed older, than the youths, which I kept staring at. But when the Clerk of the Court, later started calling out names, some of the older people went into the courts on their own. Those that were definitely parents, kept continually mouthing off to their off spring, in a clipped dialect, shoving fingers into children's faces and spitting as they spoke. Their guttural tones grated into my head, with speech that went as follows:
Mother:
"U now, you know you say nofink, to dat dam judge. U give nofink for them to blame you for, u gettit!!"
This seems to be repeated over and over again, with the kids just hopping with one leg as he walked up and down the corridor, and over shrugging his shoulders going…
Kid:
" Yeh, man….OK, Ok, me's got it! for fuck's sake! Is me you know… they got nufink on me!!"
The atmosphere was ridged with smell, fear and anxiety. The police presence was the only thing I welcomed, without it, I literally feared for my life!
My son, James was just hanging his head in shame. I think he too was shocked at the lot of scum who were walking about, making the courts look like an Edwardian Nut House. He had to face up to the consequences of the actions he had taken to go out and run like a banshee through the streets of London but to make amends to me, who had turned up to see him get his just desserts. This was going to be the harder of the punishment he was to receive, for nothing else mattered not now, for he knew that I was going to take him to the lowest his life could ever go! And it all started with that morning.
I continue the story tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment